Saturday, December 26, 2015

365 Days of Star Wars Comics, Day 360: It's too big to be a space station...it's a giant Star Wars book!

Hola, amigos. I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but I've been busy playin' with all my new Christmas presents. I showed you some of the cool stuff I got (and yes, I'm writing all my thank you notes on the new stationery Grammy Bull sent me — thank you very very much for the lovely stationery, Grammy Bull!*). And if you can remember through your haze of roast goose, figgy pudding and smoking bishop and possibly from living in the Victorian Era, I promised to show you a Star Wars-related present (or two) that I got. Lovely Randi got me this gorgeous Star Wars: Dark Times Gallery Edition! WOWWWWWWWWWWWW


Each double-page spread reproduces Randy Stradley's script, and on the facing page, the original pencils by Douglas Wheatley, for five issues of the comic series Star Wars: Dark Times. It is really cool.


For example, here's the script and pencils for a page from Dark Times #3:


And here's what it looks like in the original comic book:


Panels from Star Wars: Dark Times #3 (May 2007), script by Randy Stradley, pencils and inks by Douglas Wheatley, colors by Ronda Pattison, letters by Michael David Thomas and Dan Jackson

This is brilliant and I'm going to enjoy reading it a lot! I shall be singing the Star Wars theme all the time I'm enjoying it.

*This sentence technically counts as a thank you note to Grammy Bull.

1 comment:

Blam said...

You hover-text (or... hoofer-text) joke, Little Stuffed Pal, but when I worked at a comics shop back in the '90s there was a fella who bought NBM's oversized hardcover Tarzan B&W daily-strip reprints to color in. (Also? He told us he was the Boston Strangler. Not the least strange fellow who frequented the store...)